The Arlington is committed to ensuring that your privacy is protected. Should we ask you to provide certain information by which you can be identified when using this website, then you can be assured that it will only be used in accordance with this privacy statement.
The Arlington may change this policy from time to time by updating this page. You should check this page from time to time to ensure that you are happy with any changes. This policy is effective from May 2018.
What information do we collect about you?
We collect information about you when you contact us via phone, email or website. We also collect website usage information such as when you click on an internal link inside the website, through cookies.
We may collect the following information:
- Name and job title
- Contact information including email address
- Demographic information such as postcode, preferences and interests
- Other information relevant to customer surveys and/or offers.
how will we use the information about you
Information collected is used in order to fulfil our contract with you and your company. We use your information to provide you with accurate information on what we can offer you and your company.
We collect information about you to monitor website usage to analyse how we can make improvements and if you subscribe to our newsletter, to email you about other products and services we think may be of interest to you. We use your information collected from the website to personalise your repeat visits to our website. The Arlington will not share your information for marketing purposes with other companies.
We require this information to understand your needs and provide you with a better service, and in particular for the following reasons:
- Internal record keeping
- We may use the information to improve our products and services
- We may periodically send promotional emails about new products, special offers or other information which we think you may find interesting using the email address which you have provided
- From time to time, we may also use your information to contact you for market research purposes. We may contact you by email, phone, fax or mail. We may use the information to customise the website according to your interests.
how is the data stored?
The information we collect is stored in secure cloud vaults that operate inside the EEA. This includes Microsoft and Google. All information is stored in an encrypted form.
We would like to send you information about products and services along with a monthly newsletter. If you have consented to receive marketing, you may receive marketing emails. You have a right at any time to stop us from contacting you for marketing purposes by emailing us at firstname.lastname@example.org
access to your information and correction
You have the right to request a copy of the information we hold about you. If you would like a copy of some or all of your information, please contact us. We want to make sure that your information is accurate and up-to-date. You may ask us to correct or remove information you think is inaccurate.
We are committed to ensuring that your information is secure. In order to prevent unauthorised access or disclosure, we have put in place suitable physical, electronic and managerial procedures to safeguard and secure the information we collect online.
A cookie is a small file which asks permission to be placed on your computer's hard drive. Once you agree, the file is added and the cookie helps analyse web traffic or lets you know when you visit a particular site. Cookies allow web applications to respond to you as an individual. The web application can tailor its operations to your needs, likes and dislikes by gathering and remembering information about your preferences.
We use traffic log cookies to identify which pages are being used. This helps us analyse data about webpage traffic and improve our website in order to tailor it to customer needs. We only use this information for statistical analysis purposes and then the data is removed from the system.
Overall, cookies help us provide you with a better website by enabling us to monitor which pages you find useful and which you do not. A cookie in no way gives us access to your computer or any information about you, other than the data you choose to share with us.
You can choose to accept or decline cookies. Most web browsers automatically accept cookies, but you can usually modify your browser setting to decline cookies if you prefer. This may prevent you from taking full advantage of the website.
You can configure cookie settings in some of the most popular browsers:
- Cookie settings in Internet Explorer
- Cookie settings in Firefox
- Cookie settings in Chrome
- Cookie settings in Safari
Detailed step-by-step guidance on how to control and delete cookies is also available from www.aboutcookies.org
Links to other websites
Our website may contain links to other websites of interest. However, once you have used these links to leave our site, you should note that we do not have any control over that other website. Therefore, we cannot be responsible for the protection and privacy of any information which you provide whilst visiting such sites and such sites are not governed by this privacy statement. You should exercise caution and look at the privacy statement applicable to the website in question.
Controlling your personal information
You may choose to restrict the collection or use of your personal information in the following ways:
- Whenever you are asked to fill in a form on the website, look for the box that you can click to indicate that you do not want the information to be used by anybody for direct marketing purposes
- If you have previously agreed to us using your personal information for direct marketing purposes, you may change your mind at any time by writing to or emailing us at email@example.com
- We will not sell, distribute or lease your personal information to third parties unless we have your permission or are required by law to do so. We may use your personal information to send you promotional information about third parties which we think you may find interesting if you tell us that you wish this to happen
how to contact us
By email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Or write to us at: The Arlington, 905 London Road, Leigh-On-Sea, Essex SS9 3LL